I am a novice of OpenPLC, and I have learned that OpenPLC can drive Arduino or other types of boards through modbus protocol, but there is no TI-OMAPL138 board to be used in our laboratory, so I want to add an TI-OMAPL138 board to the support type of OpenPLC.
I have been reading the source code for some time and have been looking for information in this BBS for a long time. Here is what I know now:
1. The operation of the hardware in the main function in the /Webserver/core directory is mainly divided into three parts:
and the three functions are all in a file which is in the Hardware_layers directory.
2. I found some scripts in the process of reading the source code files, such as Change_hardware_layer. Sh, the file appears to be based on user selection in the Hardware options, to replace the actual operation of the program are referenced hardware_layes.
The CPP, but appeared such statements in the file,
echo win > ../scripts/openplc_platform
echo blank > ../scripts/openplc_driver
I can't find openplc_platform and openplc_driver where these two files will be used.
So can I add a board for OMAPL138 in the following steps?
1. Write a similar l138.cpp by imitating the raspberrypi.cpp file in hardware_layers directory
2. Modify the change_hardware_layer. sh file.Replace the l138.cpp I created with hardware_layes.cpp
3. Modify pages.py to generate an option of L138 board in the localhost page
The above is what I have learned and the question I would like to ask you. I hope you can help me correct it in your spare time. Thank you sincerely！