thiagoralves
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that I've pushed a small update that allows %MDx and %MLx variables to show up correctly on the monitoring page. Please let me know if you have issues with this new patch.


Have fun!

Thiago Alves
Quote 0 0
Sumit
Hello,
I am using windows 7. If I run the "Rebase Open PLC" then it will install this new patch or I have to follow any other procedure?

Thanks,
Sumit
Quote 0 0
thiagoralves
Running rebase should get you into the new code, but keep in mind that it will erase all your programs and configurations. Rebase is like an OpenPLC Factory Reset.

PS: I don't know how old your OpenPLC installation is. If you can't run OpenPLC after rebase it means that you are running on the old installer. In this case you will have to download the new installer from the OpenPLC website, remove your current installation and install it again.
Quote 0 0
Sumit
Hello

Currently I am running Open PLC V3

Should I go for Rebase or there is any newer version is available??
Quote 0 0
thiagoralves
Even on v3 there are multiple installer versions. I try to make the code auto-update from previous versions, but it doesn't always work. Just try rebase, and if it doesn't work after that, download a fresh installer from the website and it will work.
Quote 0 0
Sumit
Ok

Thanks
Quote 0 0
lc625
Hi,
Update via git clone without any problems (windows runtime). I tried new functionality with your T_PLC and your Time_Test program. If I open the Monitor page, I get the following error message.

 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

 

Compilation and starting the runtime causes no errors.

If I could help with more information, please let me know.
Quote 0 0
thiagoralves
I fixed this error on my local machine and forgot to push it to github. I don’t have my machine with me now, so it’s gotta wait until Monday. The error is because %ML1025 is out of bounds on the modbus address space and the monitoring module doesn’t know about it. If you know Python, you can fix it with just a couple if and else lines on monitoring.py. When it populates the list, just throw an if to check if the location is above 1024. If it is, don’t add this location to the list.
Quote 0 0
lc625
I think my skills are closer to waiting until Monday. Anyway, there's a lot left to do to prevent me from getting bored. Even if you reply that you didn't mention which Monday was meant
Quote 0 0
thiagoralves
Fixed: https://github.com/thiagoralves/OpenPLC_v3/commit/820112410bfa5037d4810fcabaea9c48c3f3e07f

You can git clone and install again to apply the changes, or copy the modified monitoring.py file from the GitHub repository over your monitoring.py file.
Quote 0 0
lc625
Perfect. Tried with both of your T_PLC versions. Both of them are displaying values now.
Quote 0 0