Hello Everyone, and congrats to Thiago R. Alves for the effort put in developing this outstanding piece of software!
The software has reached a level of maturity which I think makes every professional or newbie interested in it. The Web Interface looks very nice, and working with it is quite intuitive, after you get the hang of it following the clear instructions given.
So I decided to give it a try, and here is the result of my attempt.
This post concerns feedback relating the new version of the OpenPLC Editor, which I installed on Win10 – I tried both versions x86 and x64 of the OpenPLC Installer. I followed all the recommendations of the developer in the respective instructional pages so as to get the best results. Although I tested those versions, I couldn’t manage to execute the Hello World program because the editor wasn’t able to compile the source code to a working version. Perhaps I missed to set the parameters accordingly, which caused failure to obtain the proper .st file to upload to the runtime. Maybe some important detail is missing. So, the * Editor * wasn’t capable of generating the file for the runtime to execute, probably due to config errors. Interestingly, although you execute the “Generate Program” command it states the .st file was created successfully, and there the file is, but the runtime complains every time one attempts to run it of configurations missing .
Apparently, the Runtime Environment is executing well. The problem seems to be that something went wrong with my installs causing the * Editor * to work in a faulty way. I repeated several times the install procedure, trying to check whether there was an error in the download (corrupted files or something) but the error logs repeated in a consistent manner. I retrieved the error logs, and am sending the files attached to this post. From pic1 one can infer that there seems to be a parameter set in an incorrect manner somewhere to generate the file which requires the * debug variable panel * to be present in order for the Runtime to execute accordingly. The Editor generated messages on pic1. When clicked, the boolean variables that appear in the Instance while the Editor is executing print these messages out.
Also, another indication there might be some config mistake with the generation of the .st files is the log generated by the runtime when it starts executing. There is a consistent warning that appears indicating that there was an * Error opening mbconfig.cfg file *. (Please see txt1 file)
There are two bug reports which might be valuable to trace problems with my Win10 x64 and x86 installs. Those are txt2 and txt3, respectively.
If someone could help identify the reasons why there are problems editing and generating these .st files I would be very thankful.
Cheers and happy programming